Izzyisms- Age 9

" Mama, you need to go to the doctor, your butt should be flat not poufy."

Jockisms- Age 20

When asked what he benched by a passerby: " I bench Volkswagons."

Angelaisms- Age 39

" A selfless heart begets another selfless heart."

Monday, November 11, 2013

Nothing is Everything



I despise when people look at me sideways when I said I did nothing   all weekend. Bear in mind, I answer them  nothing because what they are looking for is places I’ve been or discovered, trendy places I’ve eaten or a new  activity I have undertook.   As if I should fill it with toiling in the garage, hand washing my floors, planting petunias, trying jet packing or shopping the outlets.  What does my nothing consist of?   Renewal, refreshing, and rejoicing in the simplicities of what is my life. No matter how unexciting it may seem to some, it’s priceless to me.   

 I reflect, I overlook and oversee my creations of life, watch the twinkle in their eyes, and hear the hearty laughter from their chest when they challenged their mama to a dance off and I surprise them with a couple succinct moves that I still remember and can still manage to do and look good doing it!  Children are excited for an impromptu trip to Burger King or when you let them open the mailbox and retrieve its contents all by themselves.  They get happy when you ask them to snuggle and warm you up. They get giggly when you let them play with your makeup or rearrange your nail polishes; and take pride in color ordering them for you.  We make cakes together and lick the spoon; we make our omelets together deciding what ingredients marry best together as if we are contestants on a cooking show, or compile a shopping list. We share the ordinary things in life and all while doing so, we bond. We form a partnership of unity that makes them feel significant, their opinion counts; their input means something. Their assistance is valued

Truth be Told: . Next time a child, your child asks you to do something seemingly ordinary to you let them. There is teaching at every turn. Remember, you are forming their mindset, their self worth and their capabilities. Everything is important, even  if it’s nothing.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment