Izzyisms- Age 9

" Mama, you need to go to the doctor, your butt should be flat not poufy."

Jockisms- Age 20

When asked what he benched by a passerby: " I bench Volkswagons."

Angelaisms- Age 39

" A selfless heart begets another selfless heart."

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Issues.

Ya know, rhymes with tissues?? 
  Don't act like you don't have them or know the word. Everyone has issues or has had an issue at some point in their life or another. Embrace yours. If it is in the past then guess what? You have overcome your issue and are still alive. Pat yourself on the back  for that my friends.

The main reason we don't like to let the world know? Social stigma. We read attention grabbing headlines that are sensationalized because someone with an off kilter personality has killed their spouse, set fire to the family dog, or went on a shooting rampage making sure that everyone goes down in a hail of bullets.  Media will hone in on what happened, how many people were hurt, what the person ate for breakfast, what country club they were a member of and every other form of minutia. What about the psychological factors that led to that developed mindset?

Like I recently told a friend, normal is not normal. And who defines that anyhow? Does normal mean you don't punch a wall,  don't elicit a scream like you have bi-polar affliction, or don't tear your husband's clothes to shreds because you caught him with his pants down with secretary Betty performing fellatio on him behind the office desk?  Whew!  And if one then DOES do one of those things, does that make them abnormal because they "lost it". Who hasn't?

Now don't get it twisted, I don't condone aggressive behavior but I can say I UNDERSTAND the mentality behind it. I've taken the time to look at subjects objectively. I may have doused my ex boyfriends' clothes with bleach once when I caught him cheating or punched him square in the forehead (revelation for purpose of explanation! I was 19 and learning) <-------------see? Even I make excuses for my actions because someone might think I, ME,  sweet Angela is crazy. Boy, do we really have malleable minds!

What folks need to do is stop worrying about what other people think, embrace their lunacy, accept that things happen and we all have momentary lapse of reasoning. We collectively or individually are no better than any other group or persons. No one person is any more normal than the other. I tend to think that we shelter ourselves, our demons, from the outside world and try to appear "normal".  Whatever that means.


 Truth be told: Call it eccentricity, diversity, uniqueness or passion if you want. Whatever you name it don't name it crazy. That's just.... well... crazy.



2 comments:

Gatorbait said...

Girl you are every thing that a friend could want. You understand where I'm coming from. You know that I have such anger issues and you put things into perspective . I came home and my mind never left. I pulled people out of cars and beat the shit out of them. Hell just a couple of weeks ago I got into a fight at the inlet. That's not me. What I learned from you and being locked up in a mental hospital was I need to think about me and take care of number one which I have forgot . The military taught was to watch each others back. Well that's over now and I'm back in the states . You are my Rock girl from the first time I came home and started talking to you on Facebook. I've done some bad things overseas and most likely will go to hell for my actions. But all I can do right now is make the best of my life. Thank You for all the support. George E. The Gator lives again.

Angela said...

George, NO PROBLEM! I cannot pretend to know what it is like being military at all, in fact I am just learning to deal with it myself with my man. I do know that if I can make anyone feel better, happier, and at peace than I have completed my tour of duty here on earth.

Post a Comment