Izzyisms- Age 9

" Mama, you need to go to the doctor, your butt should be flat not poufy."

Jockisms- Age 20

When asked what he benched by a passerby: " I bench Volkswagons."

Angelaisms- Age 39

" A selfless heart begets another selfless heart."

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Inspirational widgets

Peter Cetera isn't the only one that can talk about inspiration.

By widgets of course I mean a conglomerate of various people, places, things and thoughts.

I have never felt like I could not find inspiration to remain positive or to remain steadfast in my ongoing  "Project Me". I drink in so much information via the internet, books, movies, and magazines that I probably don't remember a quarter of what I take in, but the most poignant I tuck away in my mind to recall when the need requires.

If I need a mental pick me up, I peruse quotations at www.thinkexist.com or www.tinybuddha.com The sites are ordered, concise, free of cutesy pictures of butterflies, kittens, flowers, and dragonflies. After reading quotes, I often feel more determined, confident, and powerful.

If  I want to bust a gut with barrels of laughter I  hop on over to www.passiveaggressivenotes.com where I could spend hours perusing the decline of the human connection where individuals would rather write a note than have a face to face with someone about a their dog leaving gifts on their lawn.
After the laugh induction, I find myself in a much lighter state of mind.

If I need inspiration to increase the decrease on the scale I go to www.sparkpeople.com   or read Fitness  magazine or look to my son. Yes, that is him over to the right. My little  boy boy, who understands that there is no physical feat that can't be overcome without hard work and the power of will.  Did I mention he is 18?  Exactly.

 
If I seek inspiration to increase creativity, cure boredom, or just get lost in Fantasyland (which is rather pleasurable and one of the most fun things to do sans other breathing human bodies, aka "alone"), I watch indie movies, read Vogue, flip through Architectural Digest, vintage design books and periodicals,  or just read, read, read.

And perhaps maybe not one of the orthodox widgets of inspiration is to watch the drama, downfall and social interactions of some people.  I watch their mistakes and decisions and adjust accordingly. It's like a lesson plan for life. We get the chance to study others and self adjust. That book is always open. This is reaping benefit from someone's else misfortune yes, BUT it may prevent some of mine so I have no qualms about drinking it in. 

Truth be told:  Inspiration can be found everywhere but ultimately, it lies inside you. You already have in you many skill sets, bright ideas, strengths, fortitude, and successes.  Finding things to inspire you just keeps you on the path that has already been designed for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment